As we are enjoying the wonderful energies of Summer, we invite you to reserve your spots for the upcoming MBSR Courses in Fall, held in person in Berlin, inside and at the parks.
You can choose between a morning session and evening session. Evening course at ISI (on Tuesdays) is only for international women in Berlin. Morning course (on Thursdays) at VHS-Mitte is open to all.
MBSR for Migrant Women
Evening course starting August 23
This course is held at ISI: Initiative Selbständiger Immigrantinnen e. V., and free for all international women in Berlin.
Tuesday Evenings: 17:30-20:30
23.08.2022 – 11.10.2022 (8 sessions, 3 hrs each)
Additional one day of mindfulness/retreat from 10:00-16:00 on Sunday, October 9
Being a migrant woman and entrepreneur requires strength, resilience and adaptability. Migrant women have all these. Yet adapting to and surviving in a new culture and in a new business culture creates stress which might exceed the inner resources and lead at times to burnout. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program aims to train the mind to be awake and calm, increase body awareness and provide mindful and skillful ways to deal with life’s difficulties and enjoy its everyday gifts/offerings. We will do these through movement, meditation, mini-lectures, interactive activities, home practice and sharing of our experiences in the group. Course requires commitment to attendance and to home practices, which will be interesting and joyful daily practices up to 45 min.
Visit the course site OR E-mail:
A training in mindfulness meditation: MBSR in English
morning course starting on Sept 9
This course is held at VHS: Volkshochschule-Mitte, Berlin at Antonstrasse 37.
Thursday Mornings 9:00-12:00
08.09.2022 – 10.11.2022 (An Intro session plus 8 sessions 3 hrs each)
Additional one day of mindfulness/retreat from 10:00-16:00 on Sunday, October 30.
144.53 Euros (Reduced Fee: 80.53 EUR)
Visit the VHS Course page
YOU CAN TALK WITH YOUR EMPLOYERS AND DO BOTH COURSES AS FORTBILDUNG (PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT)
WITH 80% OF PARTICIPATION, PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE WHICH IS REQUIRED FOR MBSR TEACHER TRAINING
what happens in MBSR:
In an MBSR Course, we learn in a joyful, interactive way, supported by a group:
- What stress is (physiological mechanism of stress)
- What triggers stress in me
- When stressed, which thoughts, feelings arise and what do I do automatically
- How can I learn to recognize stress, learn ways to calm my mind and body and choose to respond mindfully
- How can I learn to take care of my mind and body and respect my limits to nourish holistic health and prevent burnout
- How can I learn to take care of myself to nourish my positive thought, emotional and bodily habits and liberate myself from those that lead to vicious cycles
The gains are:
- increased body awareness and body flexibility
- focused and calmer mind
- effective communication skills
- improvement in perspective taking
- learning to give love and compassion to self and others
- learning and respecting own physical and mental boundaries
- learning to take care of self (physically and mentally)
Please visit this page for more info on MBSR.
info on trainer
Please visit here for more info on Ayşe Dayı, the trainer. Ayşe is a certified MBSR Teacher, who has been teaching MBSR online and in person since 2020 to diverse group of individuals from Turkey, Germany, Europe and the U.S.
Please do not hesitate to email us at with any questions you have.